Friday, July 03, 2009

Duck Soup

Song of the day: "A little Help from my friends?" Joe Cocker

Quote of the day (This one is for Jan) : "In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts; they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty. " Ralph Waldo Emerson; US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

Cat Blogging - I will insert a picture when I get time to take one

Joke of the day - From Reel Wm Fish. Fish On! -
Finally, after 40 years, someone has opened the vault and revealed the answer to a question that has clawed at our brains since the 1969 Woodstock album was released: What the hell were the lyrics to Joe Cocker's version of "A Little Help From My Friends?"He was so wigged-out and loopy on a multitude of drugs, no one has been able to understand his jarbled, mush-mouth version...until now!Click link below for the lyrics .. FINALLY IT'S CRYSTAL CLEAR! http://www.elwp.com/Joe%20Cocker.html

I did the "What type of Butt do you have" over at facebook. It was horrible. Worse then the boiled fish thing from Doc's blog! It basically told me to put surrender the cheeseburger and workout. Only it used graphic pictures and had a two paragraph story that went with it.

I am slightly addicted to face book. Funny because I never really liked it all that much BEFORE I got into playing Mafia Wars. LOL. GRRR.

I should take a picture of the kittens now, they are sleeping. Lulu is not sleeping and that is why I am up. I can't hardly keep my eyes OPEN. Urrgh.

8 Comments:

Blogger preppygoesrock said...

i love the quote!!!
check out my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

7/3/09, 8:14 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks. Thanks for stopping by and please come again.

My readers will most likely check you out without you promoting your blog in my comments.

7/3/09, 12:00 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

"With A Little Help From My Friends" is, of course, a Beatles song. But you knew that. Ringo Starr had no diction problems.

I like Joe Cocker's version as well - I think he sings the hell out of the song - but the real highlight of the Cocker version is Jimmy Page's guitar, one of his all-time great session turns prior to picking up the hammer of the gods.

7/3/09, 12:06 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

'Course I didn't bother with the link, cos I'm here on the dialup right now.

When I think of Cocker and that song, I don't relate it to Woodstock, I think of The Wonder Years.

7/3/09, 12:16 PM  
Blogger Jan Mader said...

You KNOW how much I love the quote and Emerson...

This is totally off the subject, but if I ever got a cocker (dog) I'd name him Joe! No one I know has a cocker named Joe Cocker. What a waste!!!

7/3/09, 7:13 PM  
Blogger Jan Mader said...

PS Thank you for the quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/3/09, 7:14 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

In the book "Beautiful Joe" Joe was a 'cur' but the way they described him he sounded like he had cocker in him. Good read, you should pick it up sometime (childrens book about 5th grade and is out of print but you can still find it.)

7/3/09, 8:17 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Where's that cat picture?

(Yes, I know. You are not the only one behind with catblogging. I took photos of the cats on Friday, but had no time to post them due to the big party we hosted.)

7/4/09, 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.