Friday, May 23, 2008

Eulogy to Grace’s Dad

I remember Tom. Grace may not have liked him much all the time and I know Ma Grace had her differences with him some of the time. But not I; I always liked the man. He always had something to say to me. That was something I didn't get a lot of at home. He might not have anything to say that I was very interested in, but he spoke to me. Tom spoke in circles. It was fun trying to keep up with the conversation. And even more fun when you realized you were back to the point you'd started at.

He had a fridge that stayed outside that was modified into a keg cooler and dispenser.

Ma Grace threw a turkey through a plate glass door when he locked her out.

He would forward the phone to a bar called the 119. That was interesting.

Tom would get a cold and after a day of being sick he was "Dying" and that always cracked me up. Sometimes he wouldn't even be sick a day. He was such a wimp.

The man could get a bronze tan in a few hours. After a week he resembled a member of another race. He bought a pool for the back yard but I never saw him swim in it.

Those are a few of my favorite memories of Tom.

2 Comments:

Blogger NYPinTA said...

He actually swam in that pool a lot. More than anyone else. He paid waaaaaaaaaaay to much for that stupid pool.

5/27/08, 4:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

:) I only ever saw him sit on the deck with a beer. But I didn't live with him either.

5/27/08, 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.