Friday, May 16, 2008

Disappointed in myself

What an unexciting trap I live in. Trap? Wait, I mean life. I really expected to be someone by now. Wait, I am someone, I’m a mom. I am not living up to my expectations. Sigh.

I am back in school. Oh my exciting. Fun really. Why did I want to be a recluse? Oh yea, men. Sigh. I’ve made some neat friends the last two semesters. I’ve got some good grades. I’ve changed my major twice. I am back listed as a Nursing major. I have been accepted to Georgia Southern, however, I don’t know how I am suppose to get there with the price of gas and there are no online courses I can take until I get through the primary nursing classes.

Second problem is that I really don’t want to be a nurse. I mean yea, I’d like the money. But, I’ve re-discovered Psychology. My first choice of majors at the first college I attended. Sigh. I’d really like to stick with going to school until I could get my Masters in psychotherapy. Will there be a market then?

My second love is my writing. But I know that the market is going to fall on that.
We survived the tornado. It hit all around us in this big question mark. Maybe I am the only one who noticed that. It made me think of a billboard that I saw the day I was leaving NY, “Where do you think your going? – god” and I remember thinking. “I am going to get my life back together”. I remembered that when I looked at the towns and highways that got hit. The trail of destruction forms about a fifty mile or larger question mark. Hmm, is that a sign or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.