Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Pussy Tails

And you were thinking WHAT?
Terror at 2 feet. April 6,2005 (regarding an incident on April 2)
I got a bug up my ass over the weekend. I have recently cleaned the carpets but I noticed that the bottoms of my feet were getting black after being up for 20 minutes. So I dig out the shampooers and shampoo and all that shit. I clear all the furniture out of the main living room. Wait let me back up a second.
History:
All animals/pets are outside beings. Mostly due to the flea population in southern Georgia. Now all animals/pets are treated regularly for said infestations etc. However, they are still not allowed in the house.
Having said that:
I cleaned the main part of the carpet with the big shampooer. I am now crouched on my knees with the little green machine and doing the edge work. I happen to glance up and for a brief second I think I see the hellcat. (mind you this little episode from when I glance up to the funky chicken dance happens in less then a minute.) I blink. No cat. Damn, must be the fumes from the cleaner going to my head. I am suddenly aware that something just landed on my back. I let out this war cry and spring to my feet doing this funky chicken dance and attempting to rid myself of the assailant. (knowing beyond knowledge that a rattlesnake has got in the house and I am about to die.) Well I end up capturing the rabid beast on my back and it is the prior said hellcat acting all cute and fluffy in my arms.
Rewind to January:
I make a point to groom the horses every evening when they eat. This one day was going down below 30’ so I get the added bonus of blanketing the horses. All goes well until I start to work on the old black mare
HISTORY:
Old black mare used to be ours and was sold. She came back into our hands 4 years ago. She had been abused by a prior women owner and now has temporary and occasional relapses.
Having said that:
Everything goes well until I put her blanket on. She takes a pop shot at me and I correct her then hook the straps on the chest. I come back to the left side and reach for the belly band and her big ass mouth is digging into my big fat ass. Well, I smack her. Not hard mind you but hard enuf to make her let go. Then I yell and scream at her. And she takes another pop shot at me so I slap her leg and make a wild grab for the belly band. About the time I start to hook the band she is dancing and glaring at me. I see the rush of movement and the hellcat appears on her rump.
My Assumption:
Hellcat either climbed her right rear leg (horse is 17HH there are 4 inches to a HH) to gain access to her back or possible climbed her tail.
My Problem with this:
Missy (the horse) weighs 1800 lbs. Hellcat weighs about 9lbs. Missy is constantly intimated by the cat. Like if I don’t stand out there and monitor them while they are eating the cat will curl up in the horses food dish and make her eat around him. I think he was a terrorist in a prior life.

3 Comments:

Blogger NYPinTA said...

Did you know that a cat could, if given enough time, break the spine of a human at the neck and immobilize them so they could eat them at their leisure?
Just saying.

4/6/05, 12:27 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Is Hellcat really your cat's name? I think I like Hellcat. He's got spunk.

4/6/05, 1:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Cat's name is Bambi. I call him Pugasarous or HellCat. His pic is near the start of March Archieve.
I knew a cat could kill a dog but not a person.

4/6/05, 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.