Thursday, September 03, 2009

Day whatever...

Song of the day: "Resurrection" Paula Cole

Quote of the day: "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all it's contents." H.P. Lovecraft (1890-1937)

The 88 stairs were not bad until about step 1... no I mean... LOL 77, then it started to hurt! LOL. Oh well. I am older, out of shape, fat, and well... ok... lazy... LOL. However, I am optimistic. Yeas, I could take the elevator. And that would reduce the complaining, right? But I am looking at it more in the standards of getting a healty life back on track.

I even contemplated quitting smoking and was ready to throw in the towel on that yesterday. I was doing really good until Doc and I had to sit down and have a talk with Molly about eating disorders. None of us were too pleased with that discussion and how horribly wrong a reading out of the bible went. I will blog on that later (when I am more emotionally stable about breaching the subject again). Our discussion went insofar as to pull up pictures on google of what people look like that do that and a detailed explaniation of ... YOU WILL DIE ... if you think this is how to get thin.

Needless to say, we ran to the store and I got cig's. Will try again when my nerves settle.


When I worked as a service manager it was required to wear work boots. I found a line that had pink and purchased them (I don't remember the brand now) and this caused a lot of controversy in the shop. When asked directly about it by the dealer principal I replied, "I might hold a man's job but I am still very much a woman."

And while there is a need to fit in there is also a need to be an independent person. We choose to do this in our "Style" or in our "Fashion". I was over to the Satorlist (on my blog roll) and there was a brief story on a homeless (presumed) man and his picture.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Debo Blue said...

Okay, you gotta spill about Molly potentially developing an eating order because of a Scripture!

When I was younger, I heard a man comment about a female preacher. He agreed she was awesome and anointed, but he really couldn't get into her message because she was fat and God can't use fat ppl. And you know something, that confused me for a long time.

But then I got over it. Good that you and Dr.S are on that situation before it becomes crazy and huge!!

9/4/09, 6:32 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Well, if Molly were my kind, I'd be pretty worried about things. But I came over to wish you and yours a great Labor Day weekend!

Huggies,

Renie

9/4/09, 7:16 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

That was suppossed to say "my kid," ! Just wanted to straighten that out.

Bye!

9/4/09, 7:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Debo - Molly came home from school a week ago and she was talking crazy about being fat and skipping meals.

Let me back up. A few weeks ago Doc bought Molly a Bible tailored to a teenish girl. Within the Bible is little stories and quizzes and things from other girls, meant to help and expand the biblical mind and strengthen the mind soul connection (of sorts).

So, we have been trying to have her read a piece from the bible before dinner each night, Doc found a passage on eating disorders and book marked it then had her read a psalm. When she finished he told her to read the other passage for leisure reading.

She read the passage when he went to work and was on the couch reading it. I heard her say out loud, well that is a solution to being fat. I asked her what and she said vomiting. *SIGH*

So, I briefed her on why that wasn't a good idea and she has insisted on eating school lunch all week. Then I mentioned it to Doc and we ganged up on her.

Stories of eating disorders and graphic pictures. It seemed to help, she took her lunch today.

Renie - happy Labor day to you too. I read it as "my kid" and had to look back after I read your correction. LOL.

9/4/09, 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.