Monday, August 31, 2009

The big day

Song of the day: "Spider-webs" Garbage

Quote of the day: "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton (1642-1727) In a letter to Robert Hooke (Feb 5th, 1675)

Today I have the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. There is no reason for it. This is not a new task for me. I have been to school before. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I tossed and turned all night (partially because Doc started back on the night shift and I just got really used to having him there). Almost every time I got up I was thinking about these classes and worrying that I have to big of a course load. I even dropped one class over night. LOL. Am I wimp or what?

It does not help any that the local news is boasting about confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus in the local campuses (200 @ Tenn State) and primary schools. I have not heard of WKU but I am sure it is there too. KY had confirmed cases of the flu before TN last year when the outbreak began. The end is near. Impending doom. LOL. In other words, there is a really good chance that everyone is going to get the flu this year. Fun. Just what we all need and want. Right? Yeap.

I then shot out of bed at 4am and on my fist bed to the bathroom (you know that sudden ... I GOT TO PEE feeling...) and got a half of a step down the hallway and was seized by a Charlie Horse in my right calf. LOL. But that did not hinder my trip to the bath. It just made me use a few ugly words. I tried but I just could not work out the cramp. I had them the day before too. I figured I will get some potassium pills and see if that don't help. It did the last time I had a bought of Charlie Horses.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Fun morning. They had had numerous cases of the swine flu at GSU, three of which were in one of my classes. Hope I dont get it. I can't believe you are just starting fall classes, this is my third week already.

8/31/09, 12:48 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

;) early achiever!

Today is the first week of 15 weeks of hell. LOL. Oh but we (you and I) shall reap in the rewards. You put my puppies up yet? LOL. I didn't think so.

8/31/09, 1:08 PM  
Blogger Jan Mader said...

No flu for you! Stay well and take potassium!

8/31/09, 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.