Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Awoke with a start and it wasnt st nick

Crack boom bam...I jump from the bed near FIVE am on Tuesday morning...rush to the window...throw back the curtain and start screaming for the kids TO GET TO the bathroom.  I chased them in there and threw a mattress over their head and told them to HANG ON...to each other..the mattress ...whatever!

They said it was an EF2 in surrounding areas but said nothing about here.  It landed a portion of the tree in my parking spot and up against the house. INCHES from the house. 

There are times in my life when I have said I fell in a pile of shit and came out smelling like a rose. This is one. Let's rewind to the night before. Kids and I ran out for an errand. When we came home...I overshot my parking spot. So I parkd in Doc S's. He was at work. I brought my keys out 2X when I walked the dog with the intent to move it...and fianally resolved that HE could park in one of the 2 remaining spots when he got off work in the morning.

The tree was placed in my parking spot. God was looking out for us!


1 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

Glad you and yours are safe JennyLu.

5/30/11, 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.