Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thin Places

Thin Places are an interesting phenomenon. The Celtic's believed they were places on Earth where the physical space between them and GOD was smaller. As Christianity spread so did the belief in Thin Places. Stone Henge is one of the more popular Thin Places in existence to mankind. People travel from all over the world to view Stone Henge.
There is another theory of the lights of Aurora being where the Angels dance.

And a more common place to find peace and tranquility and a closeness to God is a sunrise or sunset. Many people feel a divine closeness at watching either.
The other day we were driving the girls to Georgia to visit with the grandparents for the holiday. This was the day after Doc had delivered his service about Thin Places. We were on I20 and the moon was on the rise. It was oblong shaped and a fiery red color. What we would commonly refer to as the Harvest Moon. For the first time in my life I saw "The Man on The Moon" ... other than in pictures or in cartoon drawings. I said to Doc, "There is my Thin Place".
Now, in that picture found on the internet, you can't really see the Man on The Moon but it is a nice moon shot. Can't find the silly thing when your looking for one!

Where is your thin place?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

I think you can create a space where the veil is thinner just by being quiet and in the moment wherever you are. Of course a gorgeous sunrise, sunset, or other natural beauty certainly helps.

4/12/10, 7:38 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I don't get many quiet moments. I am having one now. Everyone is asleep but me.

4/14/10, 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.