Monday, March 01, 2010

oh yea, um... I am not the sharpest tack but don't ask DOC

Song of the day: "Sunny Came Home" Shawn colvin, A few small repairs (1996)

Quote of the day: "Nothing in this world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Here is an example of a day in the life of me. Now, I am going to give you a pieced version of the general consciousness of what may have happened. But first I am going to tell you what lead up to it.

When I was about Amanda's age and a little older, we spent many summers running up to the town of Lake George, NY. And more specifically to Lake Champlain I learned how to water ski there. I also learned about the legend of Champ. Image of Champ and Craig Olsons account of Champ. I was reminded of the lake and swimming by the winter Olympics and Amanda's sudden interest in swimming in the summer games. It was just a memory and I didn't share it with any members of the house hold!

Now, onto better things. Doc went to work and the night entertainment started here. Amanda found a "hair" down there and there was much shrieking about her turning into a boy. Do what? Really? Well kids were in the bath when this happened. Amanda had actually rolled over in the bath screaming and scared the tar out of Lucy. Lucy did the soccer game streak down the hall screaming and running like the devil himself was chasing her. I had to reach down and yank Amanda up by the head fearing certain drowning incident! Jeeves peacefully stood in the door, bounding back and forth barking. SEE HE WARNED THEM that bath time was evil!

Needless to say, i did not start housework until almost ten and went to bed a little after 3am.

So, should it be any great surprise that when Doc came home and got into bed at 6:15am and made one simple request, "Jenn, hunny, move over a little bit." that my answer was something like:
Doc: Jenn, hunny, move over a little bit.
Jenn: I am sorry, I can't do that right now, I am water skiing and I just hit my head on a plank.
Doc: What?
Jenn: You wanted Swiss Steak for dinner right? I will follow the recipe for boiled crab.
Doc: Let's just forget we had this conversation, baby, and move over, I am tired.
Jenn: OK, you walked the dog right.

He promptly turned his back to me in the bed. I guess he was scared I was contagious!

There was a little more to it than that but i don't remember all that was said now.

Moral of this:
I talk in my sleep. Please don't engage me in conversation when I am sleep because you just wont get it..

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

I have some pretty weird dreams, but I am reasonably sure that I do not talk about them while still sleeping!

3/2/10, 4:49 PM  
Blogger Jan Mader said...

As usual, I love your quote and....I don't think I talk about my dreams in my sleep but I've been told I laugh a lot!

3/21/10, 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

I talk in my sleep to. Michael usually is awake to hear it to and lets me know what I said the next morning.

Kelly
(Philly) ha ha

4/2/10, 4:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

well I don't talk in my sleep. But I will talk to someone when I am sleeping if they engage me in a question.

My grandmother on the other hand had a sleep disorder and would start moaning and shrieking in her sleep like a ghost. We'd taken her to a sleep center and they diagnosed it (can't remember what they said it was) but they said never to wake her when she did it because she could actually die if we did.

My mother walks in her sleep. I used to fish keys out of her hand and steer her away from doors and sharp objects. One night she ate a stick of butter like corn on the cob. Funny, she always used margarine after that. But she'd got really sick the day after. So, somewhere in her subconscious she knew she did it? IDK.

Sleep disorders run in the family. So my talking if I sleep and my late hours and few hours of sleep should be no grand surprise to anyone. I am planning of sleeping tomorrow. The last round trip to get the kids I slept like 14 hours. Talk about sore! LOL. But... offf off off to bed I attempt.

4/14/10, 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.